7/26/2007

A poem written in 2004

You

I always thought it’d remain so perfect
And the nightsky would remain so bright
The stars and the endless moonshine
Were like all the treasures of my dreams
I was taking care of them
So happily and truly
With all the strength that I could have
All the tears that didn’t taste like salt
You were a dream
So endless and beautiful
All I was living for
All that haunted my misery away
But today it all died
So easily that I just can’t believe
I don’t know what went wrong
I don’t know why I feel cold again
You left me with no words
No tears or a smile
Just turned away like I wasn’t there
With you, for you
Treated me like I was a ghost
And now I feel our dreams falling
I see our promises breaking
And our last kiss’ emptiness fills my soul
And the nightsky falls like
It’s always been dead black
And I cry for dead hours to come back
And I pray for the first day we met
But tonight it seems like we have never been alive
There was never born a love like ours
We’ve never met and never been happy
Tears are crawling on the floor
Your old love – a dream of you is staining my soul
With blood and tears and razorblades
I wish you felt this way
I wish you were true again
I wish these clouds disappeared
Though I see tonight I’ll cry myself to sleep again
Like in the bygones…
When I didn’t know you
When I didn’t dare to dream of a dream…like
YOU.


(For my forever love - the one and only)

No comments: