11/25/2009

New Moon

It’s hard to criticize a film without prejudice of which both the version of the movie and the book became a part of my life but the presence of the expectations and the personal opinions are constant: now let’s take into details of New Moon.

If I had watched the film from the perspective of a person who has never read any of the saga, it’s a hundred percent that I would have fallen asleep after 10 minutes. Thank God, the situation is different, during my 23-year-long course of life I have broken my reading record with these four, according to the term I devoted to consuming a book. I believe who doesn’t stop after 30 pages will be obsessed with it. Or not. But it’s certain that this person will be aware of the line of the story and will know: it’s not an action movie, not a horror nor a drama that makes people noodle around. This is the attitude how we have to create judgment.

We have to observe that books are often better and give more experience than the film adaptations, because it’s impossible to transfer the plot of 600 pages into motion picture. Some things are missing…director, readers and spectators decide on their own.
From now I dare to declare: what I have seen was in 98% correspondence with my imagination (and in a large measure with Stephenie Meyer’s description) this time, too.
If you have to engross such a descriptive story into 2 hours and some minutes then the changes and the omission of scenes are inevitable. Although, every important movement is on the right place, meaning that it didn’t make me disappointed at all. I could dissect such tiny issues like the actors’ make-up – since I would not be able to find a mistake in their acting – or the color of the contact lenses. The next episode will also be the work of another director so I’d bet my life on the fact that there would be newer differences, as well. My greatest sadness is still the replacement of the shiny silver Volvo – as the Batmobile would never be pink either. But this is all my personal dissatisfaction.

The Twilight Saga is an easy, a bit humorous, exciting and romantic tale of which emotional strings can only be appreciated if we are a sentimental type. Some would run away screaming to the other side of the world from a gentleman with a personality like Edward’s, while others would die for him to invite them for a walk to the forest. Many people are longing for a friend like Jacob but it’s possible that more consider the patience and unconditional affection he symbolizes useless.
The main point is this cavalcade of feelings spiced with vampires and werewolves. Those who basically aren’t keen on love stories shouldn’t go to the theatre this time. I dare to risk that who are opposed to my opinion have never thought of watching the movie, on the grounds of information provided by the newspapers.
But who has a desire for a 2-hour-long excessive romanticism should not hesitate, because New Moon is a movie that doesn’t lack a sea of emotions. 


No comments: